Last November 19, 2016. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) made some changes to the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) for it’s Express Entry (EE). They are significant changes which we feel will definitely impact the flow to immigrants into Canada. We’ve outlined the changes below and will also touch on shortly about how it affects current and future applicants.
Job Offers and Work Experience
Previously, all job offers were worth an automatic 600 points; an increase that would assure one of an Invitation to Apply (ITA). With the update to the CRS, job offers will now be only awarded either 200 or 50 points depending on the National Occupational Classification (NOC) of the applicant.
NOCs that will get an additional 200 points are
- 0011 Legislators
- 0012 Senior government managers and officials
- 0013 Senior managers – financial, communications and other business services
- 0014 Senior managers – health, education, social and community services and membership organizations
- 0015 Senior managers – trade, broadcasting and other services not elsewhere classified.
- 0016 Senior managers – construction, transportation, production and utilities
All other job offers that are not included in the NOCs above will only receive 50 points in EE.Read More »